Monday, February 05, 2007

Organic Goodness

Although I would love to, I don't normally buy organic foods. Mainly, because I never stay within our grocery budget to begin with and I feel if I go organic I will go WAY over. Its not a skimpy budgeted amount either, I have no idea where the money goes. Anyway....I have been having lots of digestion problems with this pregnancy, I am also a bit anemic (and don't like red meat) so I have been looking for good foods to help out. My friend Fiona (healing foods guru) led me to Nancy's Organic Yogurt and I am hooked. This is why its so good for me.
  • Fully cultured with casei, rhamnosus, acidophilus, bifidum, thermophilus, and bulgaricus - making Nancy's the most healthful yogurt on the shelf
  • Billions of healthy bacteria in every teaspoon, aiding in greater calcium absorption and better digestion

Darin loves it just as much as I do when we add Natures Path Flaxseed Plus. It is SO good. It has pumpkin seeds and flax oil (omega 3's and 6's) but most importantly iron for the anemia. Not only do I not like red meat, but as I mentioned above I can't digest it at the moment. I also don't like the vitamins with iron in them, it makes me queasy thinking about taking one. We bought it at Costco so the price was reasonable for granola.

I just ran onto Emerald Valley Organic Salsa on accident. I love chips and salsa anytime, but especially when I am pregnant. We bought the huge bag of chips and tub of this salsa from Costco and I love it! It's not as good as my Uncle Bruce's fresh salsa, nothing is better than that, but since Uncle Bruce doesn't keep me in a fresh supply this is a great alternative.


Just thought I would share. Happy Eating!